Steve has designed this experience for the avid and curious bird-lover, wildlife and flora enthusiast and nature photographer. It is flexible and designed to share knowledge.
The UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve is a unique area where tropical and temperate zones overlap, provides varied ecosystems including Mangroves, Wallum, Wet and Dry Eucalypt forests and Rainforests. 40% of Australia’s bird species are found in this area, some 304 species including Migratory wader species.
Also discover the mountain region of Conondale National Park,an important refuge for Eastern Bristle Birds as well as home to 174 bird species– 14 of which are considered endangered or vulnerable. Conondale National Park is also considered acritical site for the Richmond Birdwing-butterfly.
Typically 50 species and more can be located in one day. This region of Australia’s Nature Coast provides a diverse and ancient landscape rich in plant and animal species, culturally and historically significant to the Aboriginal people.
Wildlife & Birdwatching tours include some short walks and can be conducted at a pace to suit your interest and concentrate on locating as many species as possible across various habitats.
- Short, tranquil, easy walks
- Ample time and opportunity to photograph and observe flora and fauna in their natural habitat
- Professional, experienced guide with interpretation of the birds, flora, fauna and history of the region
- Enjoy your day, leave the worry of navigation to your guide.
Iconic bird species that you may discover are:
- Glossy black-cockatoo
- Scarlet honey-eater
- Eastern osprey
- Variegated fairy-wren
- Pale-headed rosella
- Eastern whipbird
- Pale-yellow robin
- Regent bowerbird
- Green catbird
- Paradise riflebird
- Noisy pitta
- 6 – 8 locations with short works throughout the day
- Easy pace
- Delicious, locally sourced morning tea and a packed lunch
- Small, personalised groups – min 1 max 6
- Daily departures
- Departs at 7am
- Returns at 5.00 pm
- Complimentary transfers from Noosa Accommodation from 7am.
- Guests in accommodations in other areas: Meet at Noosa Junction Bus Station, Sunshine Beach Road, Noosa Junction. Free parking in carpark at rear. Pick up time: at 6:45 am.
Private group tours available on request.
Adults: 12 y/o+;
Maximum guests: 6.
Charters are available for large groups. Outings will be structured accordingly.