Book a return ticket on the Magnetic Island ferries to travel in style and comfort on a modern, high-speed catamaran from Townsville with 18 services a day. A short and scenic 20-minute ferry ride is all it takes to reach this wonderful destination that is truly magnetic. There are a host of things to do on Magnetic Island, an island situated in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.
Discover this beautiful corner of the world with a snorkel, jet ski, fish or unearth the military history on the Forts Walk where a colony of wild koalas can often be found snoozing in the Eucalyptus trees. If your objective is to do nothing at all, that’s ok too. Simply kick back and relax on the beautiful golden sands at any of the palm-fringed beaches while soaking up the tropical Queensland sun.
The Magnetic Island ferry travels to and from the island all day long so you’ll be able to book your ticket online then head out from the Breakwater Ferry Terminal in Townsville at a flexible time that best fits your schedule. See what all the fuss is about by booking your trip on the Magnetic Island ferry today and get a dose of fun in the sun amongst a spectacular reef environment that you can enjoy however you see fit.
- Return ferry transfer from Townsville to Magnetic Island
- Food and beverages
- Tours and activities on Magnetic Island
- 18 daily return services
- Only 20 minutes to Magnetic Island
- Relax in a state-of-the-art high speed catamaran
- Relax on a secluded beach
- Cruise the tropical waters of North Queensland
- Try one of the many adventure activities on offer on Magnetic Island (optional extra)
- 18 ferry services depart daily from the Breakwater Ferry Terminal, Townsville, from approximately 6.30am to approximately 6pm
- Travel time is approximately 20 minutes each way
- Breakwater Ferry Terminal on Sir Leslie Thiess Drive, Townsville and Nelly Bay Magnetic Island
- Child age is 5-14 years inclusive. Children aged 0-4 years are free of charge
- Return tickets are open dated for 1 month
- On-site parking at the Breakwater Terminal, Townsville is available $8.00 per calendar day payable direct at the car park entrance
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present at the ferry ticket counter in the Breakwater Ferry Terminal, Townsville
- Vessel subject to change without notice
- We recommend you reconfirm your booking at least 48 hours prior to arrival
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher