Enjoy a guided tour of the iconic Adelaide Central Markets for a unique gourmet food experience like no other. Over three hours, you will wander the grounds of the market with a local guide and meet the artisan food producers who are passionate in delivering their food from the paddock to the plate. Taste the delicious food on offer as you stroll through the markets and discover the history of this famous Australian culinary markets that has been in operation since 1869.
The tours designed by local food expert Mark Gleeson are designed to take you on a culinary sensory journey showcasing South Australia’s premium food producers. After the tour is complete, you can relax and people watch as you enjoy a delicious lunch at the Market café. The tours last for approximately 3 hours departing from The Providore Stall at the market. You can join this tour on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 9.30am. Book your gourmet Adelaide Central Market Tour with lunch today!
- Across three hours be taken on a journey through the beautiful Adelaide Central Markets. The markets explode with colour and aromas form the array of delicious food stalls, from seafood, poultry, cheese and breads
- Taste a selection of delicious produce from across the South Australian region. Meet suppliers, stallholders and food producers many of whom have traded within the Market for generations
- A small group tour hosted by local guides, the local guide will share their passion for great food and the production of people behind the food
- After your tour, settle in for a delicious Market cafe lunch and watch the world go by
- 3 hours on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Meet in front of The Providore, Stall 66 at the Adelaide Central Markets 44-60 Gouger Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000
What To Bring
- It is recommended to bring cash for market purchases, some stalls do accept cards
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher