TOUR CODE: AM3-S — Standard Motel Accommodation (Double Room)
OPERATES: WED (Apr-Sep) / WED, SUN (Oct-Mar)
TOUR DURATION: 3 Days / 2 Night
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Adelaide Central YHA, 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide @ 6:45am
- Overland touring experience from Adelaide to Melbourne
- Grampians National Park, hikes the Pinnacles trails
- Beautiful MacKenzie Falls and views from The Balconies & Boroka lookout
- Explore Tower Hill Conservation Reserve, rich in Aboriginal culture & pristine nature
- Australia wildlife sightings – kangaroos, koalas and emus
- Journey along the National Heritage listed Great Ocean Road
- Visit the iconic rock formations of the 12 Apostles
- Discover the hidden beach at Loch Ard Gorge & iconic London Bridge
- Take a stroll in the Great Otway National Park & ancient rainforest
- Photo opportunity at the historic Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch
Between Adelaide and Melbourne lies the Grampians National Park, known for its towering mountain ranges, rocky peaks, and roaring waterfalls. This 3-day tour includes accommodation in the heart of the Grampians surrounded by kangaroos and cockatoos! Travel south to the Shipwreck Coast and visit the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and other stunning locations before continuing the journey to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road, arriving early evening.
Day 1: Adelaide – Halls Gap
Depart the city through the Adelaide Hills en-route to the Grampians National Park. Travelling through the western plains of Victoria, watch as the mountain range slowly grows on approach. Hike to the base of Mackenzie Falls and explore other famed lookouts of The Balconies and Boroka Lookout before checking in for the night in the heart of the Grampians; Halls Gap. Meals: Dinner. Accom: Gariwerd Motel or similar. Driving Distance: 510km. Hike Distance: 2km.
Day 2: Halls Gap – Warrnambool
Start the day with a hike up to the iconic Pinnacle lookout with an amazing view over the Grampians. Later, visit the Tower Hill Conservation Reserve, an extinct volcano, rich in Aboriginal history and an abundance of wildlife. Finish the day with time to relax in the town of Warrnambool. Meals: Breakfast. Accom: Bayside Lodge or similar. Driving Distance: 190km. Hike Distance: 4.5km.
Day 3: Warrnambool – Melbourne
The last day is a journey along the historic Great Ocean Road. Beginning with the highlights of the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge & London Bridge. Embark on a guided rainforest walk before lunch in the popular seaside town of Apollo Bay. Follow the road to its end as it twists and turns with stops at Memorial Arch and a famous surf beach or two. Arrive in Melbourne early evening. Meals: Breakfast. Accom: N/A. Driving Distance: 360km.
- One-way Transfer from Adelaide to Melbourne
- 2 Nights’ private motel accommodation – with ensuite bathroom (Warrnambool, Halls Gap)
- Meals as indicated – 1 Dinner, 2 Breakfast
- All National Park Entrance Fees
- Moderate level of fitness required
- Guided bush walks included
- Guaranteed Australian wildlife
- Knowledgeable Tour Commentary
- Experienced Driver/Guide
- Inner city pick up/drop off service
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel Insurance
WHAT TO BRING:
1.5 Litre Water Bottle, 15kg soft luggage and small day bag, Any medications you usually take, Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions, Warm jacket, thermals, woollen hat is advisable for the colder months, Sturdy comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread, Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses, Swimmers, towel & toiletries, Camp torch/headlamp, Camera.
Not suitable for children 5 years old and under, children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to upgrade to private accommodation and must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian. Accommodation Upgrades are available on request only and subject to availability please call +61 39393 1300 for details.
Blockout period or limited accommodation upgrade availability from 25DEC-08FEB and 09APR-14APR.