Some of Adelaide’s most scenic views and native wildlife can be discovered out at sea. Embark on the Adelaide Seal Island Tour and enjoy some salty air and sunshine while you interact with some of South Australia’s most precious wildlife.
The tour departs from Adelaide’s Granite Island Causeway and takes you on a pleasant journey along the coastline. The Big Duck motors past Granite Island before arriving at Seal Island. Here, discover some of the most friendly creatures in the area: the Australian Sea Lion and the New Zealand Fur seal. Watch them bask their whiskers in the sunshine and flop into the ocean; don’t be surprised if they approach the boat to say hello!
While enjoying some exceptional views of Adelaide’s shores, be sure to look out for the other amazing sea creatures like the Common and Bottlenose dolphin, and the many sea birds such as the Cormorant, Shearwaters and Petrel.
After hanging out off the shores of Seal Island for 15 minutes, the cruise will continue down to Wright Island, before making its way back to the Granite Island Causeway terminus.
The Adelaide Seal Island Tour is a truly unique experience that makes for a wonderful morning or afternoon of wildlife sightings. Book today!
- 45 minute scenic cruise of Seal Island
- Transfers from Adelaide
- Departing from the Granite Island Causeway
- A scenic cruise takes you along the northern side of Granite Island past the Horse Tram route and historic Screwpile Jetty
- 5 minutes of exhilarating motoring and you are at Seal Rock
- New Zealand Fur seals and Australian Sea Lions can be seen basking in the sun and often swim to the stationary boat to have a good look at the passengers!
- Seabirds including petrels, shearwaters and cormorants can also be seen on or around Seal Rock
- Common and bottlenose dolphins are also often in the vicinity and sometimes race the boat
- Beautiful scenery around Wright Island
- Tour departs all year round
- Tours depart at 10am, 1pm and 2pm from the Main Wharf, 1 Esplanade, Victor Harbor SA
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to departure
What To Bring
- Normal weather-appropriate clothing is fine
- Waterproof jackets are provided on board the boat
- The tour is dependent on weather conditions and locations of wildlife and are subject to change because of this
- The boat is not wheelchair accessable
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements