Discover the untouched environment on this full day tour to Coorong National Park departing from Goolwa Wharf- 1 hour from Adelaide.
This full day adventure includes a scenic cruise and two guided walks and will cruise past the Goolwa Barrage into the Coorong National Park and the River Murray. As you cruise through the mount of the river, see the pristine waters, sand dunes and bird life of Coorong. During the cruise, listen to informative and interesting commentary as you take in the beautiful, natural scenery. After a short cruise, disembark and stretch your legs as you take the first guided walk of the day through the sand dunes and undisturbed beaches of the Great Southern Ocean. Learn about the Indigenous history of the area and the flora and fauna that you pass during the walk. Lunch is included in the day tour and consists of a selection of cold meats and salads with complimentary tea and coffee. In the afternoon cruise deeper into Coorong National Park past Ewe Isle and Tauwitchere Barrages to the your second guided walk of the day at Cattle Point. Afternoon tea is served on the cruise as you return back to Goolwa Wharf at 4pm. This full day adventure cruise departs on Wednesdays and Sundays and transfers from Adelaide can be organised at an additional cost with the tour operator if required.
Explore the history and untouched natural environment of Coorong National Park on this full day adventure. Book your tour online here!
- Experience a full day guided tour on the Coorong Waterways, your captain will provide entertaining and informative commentary on the passing landscapes, bird life and the rich history of the area
- Pass by the mouth of the River Murray and cruise the pristine waters of the Coorong National Park
- Disembark for a guided walk through the untouched sand dunes of the Younghusband Peninsula and the white sandy beaches of the Great Southern Ocean. Your guide will share with you the strong Aboriginal history of the area
- Enjoy a delicious lunch of cold meats and salads served with tea or coffee while cruising deeper into the Coorong, pass by Ewe Island and Tauwitchere Barrages as your captain continues his educational talk
- Disembark for a guided walk at Cattle Point, your guide will share with you fascinating facts of the area and view a traditional Aboriginal campfires still recognisable today by midden campfire barriers
- Afternoon tea is served as the cruise returns past the imposing sand dunes and back through the lock to the Goolwa Wharf where the cruise ends
- Tours depart on Wednesdays & Sundays at 10am
- Approximately 6 hours
- Main Wharf Lot 356 The Cutting Road Goolwa 5214
What To Bring
- Sun protection including a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Comfortable walking shoe
- Binoculars (if you have them and want to maximise viewing of birdlife)
- Extra water or snacks (optional)
- Most dietary request such as vegetarian and gluten free can be catered for, please note any dietary requests on the payment page. It is also recommend to contact the operator to note any dietary needs, operator contact details will be available on the tour voucher. If you have any further questions contact our friendly reservations team on 1300 935 532
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher