Enjoy the untamed wilderness of Tasmania’s stunning Wilderness World Heritage Area with a morning Gordon River Cruise including lunch! Experience the true wild of the world’s greatest temperate rainforest and the breathtaking beauty of Tasmania’s West Coast and Strahan area all in one wonderful tour.
The morning cruise departs at 9 am from the Strahan Wharf and will take you and fellow travellers on a 6-hour and 115-km discovery tour of the heritage area. The cruise will take you through and by Hells Gates, named by the convicts of the Tasmanian convict settlements in the 1800s. Next, the cruise will take you to visit the Aquaculture pens stocked up with thousands of Atlantic salmon and Ocean Trout. Here, travellers can also enjoy the local fish and Tasmanian produce like delicious cheeses, smoked salmon, and bubbly in part of their gourmet lunch.
When lunch has concluded, the cruise will take you to Sarah Island where you will stop and explore the harshest convict settlement and its historical significance. Lastly, you will explore the ancient forests of the Heritage Landing, the boardwalk and Huon Pine sawmill.
You will truly be surprised by the beauty, lush nature and magnitude of the area, and many visitors label the Wilderness World Heritage Area as “the most beautiful scenery they’ve every seen”.
Don’t miss out on discovering the true beauty of Tasmania with the Morning Cruise with Lunch. Book today!
Due to covid health and safety requirements
- Lunch service currently unavailable
- Meals will be individual serves of fresh Tasmanian produce (meats, salads, cheeses, pita bread and sweets, – upstairs seating will also include smoked salmon)
- 6 Hour cruise
- A full range of beverages and snacks available for purchase (cash payments only)
MV Harbour Master
- Standard seats – Main Deck centre of the boat around table’s of 8
- Premium seats – Main Deck Windows or Upper Deck Centre rows of 2
- Gold seats – Upper Deck windows in rows of 2
- Hells Gates
- Salmon farms
- Guided Sarah Island stop-over
- Gordon River heritage landing board walk
- Huon Pine sawmill
- Perfect for those seeking a more leisurely ‘wilderness experience’
- A freshly prepared lunch, featuring Tasmanian produce
- Family owned and operated
- Departs: Strahan Wharf 9am, returns approximately 3pm (daily)
- Cruises do not run between 15 July – 31 August each year due to annual maintenance
- Afternoon cruise with dinner is also available from late December to late January. Please give us a call on 1300 935 532 if you wish to book an afternoon cruise
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher