Enjoy the untamed wilderness of Tasmania’s stunning Wilderness World Heritage Area with a morning Gordon River Cruise including lunch! Experience the true wild of the world’s greatest temperate rainforest and the breathtaking beauty of Tasmania’s West Coast and Strahan area all in one wonderful tour.
The morning cruise departs at 9 am from the Strahan Wharf and will take you and fellow travellers on a 6-hour and 115-km discovery tour of the heritage area. The cruise will take you through and by Hells Gates, named by the convicts of the Tasmanian convict settlements in the 1800s. Next, the cruise will take you to visit the Aquaculture pens stocked up with thousands of Atlantic salmon and Ocean Trout. Here, travellers can also enjoy the local fish and Tasmanian produce like delicious cheeses, smoked salmon, and bubbly in part of their gourmet lunch.
When lunch has concluded, the cruise will take you to Sarah Island where you will stop and explore the harshest convict settlement and its historical significance. Lastly, you will explore the ancient forests of the Heritage Landing, the boardwalk and Huon Pine sawmill.
You will truly be surprised by the beauty, lush nature and magnitude of the area, and many visitors label the Wilderness World Heritage Area as “the most beautiful scenery they’ve every seen”.
Don’t miss out on discovering the true beauty of Tasmania with the Morning Cruise with Lunch. Book today!
- 6 Hour Gordon River Cruise
- Individual prepared meal, served on trays to each customer (no queueing required) and includes all Tasmanian produce of cold meats, smoked salmon, salads, cheese & biscuits and bread roll
- Live commentary
- Licensed bars on-board with a full range of beverages and snacks available for purchase (limited Eftpos – cash accepted)
Main Deck – Includes a freshly prepared meal
- Main deck centre seating
- Main deck window seating
Upper Deck – Including a freshly prepared meal and morning tea
- Upper deck centre seating
- Upper deck window seating
- Passage through Hells Gate
- See high-tech aquaculture where hundreds of thousands of Tasmania’s famous Atlantic Salmon and Ocean Trout are farmed
- Step ashore Sarah Island for a Guided tour of one of the harshest penal settlements in Australia
- Spend two hours on the Gordon River including a guided boardwalk through the Unesco World Heritage Rainforest
- Visit a Huon Pine sawmill
- Perfect for those seeking a more leisurely ‘wilderness experience’
- A freshly prepared lunch, featuring Tasmanian produce
- Family owned and operated since 1896
- Departs: Strahan Wharf 9am, returns approximately 3pm (daily)
- Cruises do not run between 15 July – 15 August each year due to annual maintenance
- Afternoon cruise with dinner is also available from late December to late January
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements