Explore the wonders of the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) and explore all the best highlights of Hobart, Tasmania with this great value tour package. Take a scenic ferry ride along the Derwent River to MONA – labeled as one of the essential “must visit attractions in the world for 2013” by numerous international media outlets – and explore its astonishing blend of modern architecture and confronting artwork firsthand. With a wide display of artworks designed to make you think, the Museum of Old and New Art is a display unlike any other that blends adult imagery with traditional museum installations.
Follow it up with an in-depth look at all the major highlights that give Hobart its distinctive and charming character – you’ll pay a visit to the likes of Salamanca Place with its Georgian-style buildings, see the historic houses of Battery Point, the Cascade Brewery and Gardens, and much, much more. All the essential landmarks of Hobart plus one of its latest and greatest highlights – book a combined MONA and Hobart City Tour online today!
Tours depart daily except Tuesdays at 9:45am and return around 5:30pm from Brooke Street Pier Tourism Centre. Hotel pick ups are available from selected hotels, however no drop offs are included nor is morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea so be sure to bring additional money if you wish to purchase some.
- Selected hotel pick-ups
- Coach touring of Hobart City
- Entrance to MONA (Museum of Old and New Art)
- Ferry ticket
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Hotel drop-off after the tour
- MONA – the pieces on display will take you on a journey of rival contemplations and emotional roller-coaster
- Sullivan’s Cove – Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place – Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park – a one time gun battery
- Battery Point – charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St David’s Park
- Stop at Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt Wellington
- Cascade Brewery
- Visit Cascade Gardens
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory – a one time female prison
- St David’s Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel and Court
- Hobart Aquatic Centre
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill Lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- See the exquisite Royal Tasmania Botanical Gardens featuring ‘Pete’s Vegie Patch’, made famous by Peter Cundall of ABC’s Gardening Show.
- Tours depart daily except Tuesdays at approximately 9.45am and return at approximately 5.30pm. Please note there is no hotel drop-off available after the tour
- The central departure point is Brooke Street Pier Tourism Centre
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher