Explore a different view of Tasmania with a visit to Tasmania’s largest landscaped native garden, wander through the interesting Margate train retail outlet, taste cheese and spirits at Grandvewe and Hartshorn, a micro and unique cheesery and distillary, the only one of its kind in the world and finish with everyones favourite hand crafted chocolates. Designed to allow some time back at Salamanca Wharf.
On this tour you experience:
– Margate Train –
Discover an eclectic array of quirky stores, housed on one of Tasmania’s historic trains. The antique store is a treasure trove and also offers some rare Tasmanian timbers for sale at very reasonable prices.
– Inverawe Gardens –
Wander through Australia’s largest privately owned native landscaped gardens and meet the amazing couple whose labour of 17 years of love has transformed this beautiful waterside property. As well as admiring the myriad of plants the area abounds in birdlife and other wildlife such as pademelons, an awesome place to relax over morning tea.
– Grandvewe Cheese & Hartshorn Distillery –
A taste sensation awaits your palate as you sample artisan cheeses made with the subtle flavour of sheeps milk. Discover how their passion for sustainability created a world award winning vodka by utilizing whey, a byproduct from their cheese production. Release your taste appreciation on wildflower aromatics in the process of gin making.
– Nutpatch Chocolates –
A private tasting of some truly wonderful handmade Tasmanian chocolates. Your palate will explode with tantalizing melting chocolate infused with local products such as berry fruit and Tasmanian wild honey, salted caramel or perhaps liqueur.
What to bring
The weather can be unpredictable in Tasmania and the evenings can be very cold. Warm jackets are whole-heartedly recommended.
Solid walking shoes for bush walks – they are relatively easy walks rather than hikes.
Cameras & phone chargers – there are so many photo opportunities. Tasmania is stunningly beautiful and you’d hate to miss that instagram opportunity.
A healthy enthusiasm for a lot of fun and amazing experiences and some of the best local produce you will taste.
Terms and conditions
– All times are approximate and dependant upon conditions. All tours are subject to weather conditions and Great Expeditions take no responsibility for any cancellations, road or tour closures out of our control. We will wherever possible arrange alternate routes, tours and experiences for guests.
– All tasting fees and entrance fees are included (unless they are additional options and those additional costs will be advised).
– All other meals are at guests own expense.
– Dietary requirements are catered for with prior notice. Non alcoholic beverages are available.
– Private tours are flexible if small group has specific requirements.
– Minimum numbers of 4 persons per trip (otherwise a $150 supplement is charged for less than 4 persons).
– Air conditioned, small vehicle transfers.
FULL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED 14 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.
FOR ALL BOOKINGS MADE WITH GREAT EXPEDITIONS THE FOLLOWING PENALTIES APPLY:
– FOR ALL CANCELLATIONS A 15% ADMIN FEE WILL BE CHARGED ON TOTAL TOUR AMOUNT
– FOR CANCELLATIONS BETWEEN 2-14 DAYS A 50% CANCELLATION PENALTY APPLIES ON TOTAL TOUR AMOUNT
– FOR CANCELLATIONS WITH LESS THAN 48 HOURS NOTICE OR “NO SHOW” A 100% CANCELLATION PENALTY APPLIES ON TOTAL TOUR AMOUNT.