Discover Hobart City and kunanyi/Mt Wellington with a flexible all-day ticket on the Hop On Hop Off Explorer Bus. Book your tickets online here and join the hop on hop off bus tour at the Hobart waterfront. Passengers can choose their own adventure with the 2 hour return tour including a 30 minute break at kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit to enjoy the breathtaking views over Hobart and Southern Tasmania.
Armed with a flexible all day Explore Bus ticket, travellers may sit back and enjoy the alpine scenery and commentary from a local guide while those more adventurous can jump off and explore the diverse eucalypt forests and shaded fern gullies on the many short walking and mountain trails within kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Enjoy the natural beauty and serenity of kunanyi/Mt Wellington at your own pace and then hop on a later bus to return to Hobart. The scenic tour is the perfect way to learn about the history, wildlife and scenery of Hobart’s adored landmarks.
Purchase your Hop on Hop Off kunanyi/Mt Wellington bus pass online here!
- Please note this service is temporarily unavailable
- Explorer Pass for kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus, valid all day
- 2 hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map
- Informative local guide commentary
- Free Wi-Fi
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
- Hop-on and hop-off at your choice of 5 bus stops within Wellington Park.
- Hop-off and go for an optional bushwalk through tall eucalyptus forests or fern tree gullies, then hop back on a later bus to return to Hobart.
- Discover kunanyi/Mt Wellington at your own pace.
- This tour operates every day except Christmas Day (25th December)
- Please note: The Winter Timetable will start earlier this year, commencing on Wednesday 1 April 2020
- At the completion of purchase, you will need to contact the tour operator to book in a departure time that suits you (tour operator details will be printed on your tour voucher)
October – April (Summer Timetable)
- Tour departs at 9.30am, 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.30pm
May – September (Winter Timetable)
- Tour departs at 9.30am, 12pm and 2.30pm
- This tour takes 2 hours to complete, including 30 minutes to take in the panoramic views at the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington
- This tour departs from Bus Stop 2: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building)
- Or hop-on and hop-off the bus at any of the following bus stops;
- Bus Stop 1: Brooke Street Pier (pick-up point 10 minutes before the start of the tour)
- Bus Stop 3: Fern Tree Park
- Bus Stop 4: The Springs
- Bus Stop 5: The Chalet
- Bus Stop 6: Big Bend
- Bus Stop 7: The Pinnacle
What To Bring
- Bring a warm jacket as the temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is approximately 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city
- Please note your ticket is valid all day on the day of travel
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is approximately 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go
- There is limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. Please contact us to reserve a space for your bike and add bike freight ($10 per bike) to your booking. Bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure
- The Operator’s primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. However, some services may not be wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let the Operator know at the time of booking
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher