Lace up your walking shoes and get ready to explore the beautiful Mt. Field National Park with this full day Mt. Wellington and wildlife tour from Hobart. Known for being Tasmania’s oldest National Park and home to a variety of walking trails, Mt Field National Park is a mecca for nature lovers. This tour will visit a handful of the region’s most popular sights including Russell Falls, one of Tasmania’s most recognisable fall with its cascading three tiers, via the easy walking trail that further continues Horseshoe Falls. The Tall Trees Track is another trail you’ll follow as it winds its way around the bases of the giant 80 metre tall Swamp Gums and takes you on an enjoyable journey through the relaxing and scenic rainforest where you might even encounter some local wildlife.
The Pandani Grove Trail is the third highlight for the trip as it leads you around Lake Dobson to explore of the park’s quieter regions. If you’re visiting in the winter months, you’ll have spectacular views of the lake as it is covered in ice and flanked by fresh snow. Lunch will then be enjoyed at Mt Field before you continue your journey, however lunch isn’t included in this tour so remember to pack your own!
This tour isn’t all about exploring walking trails, you’re also given entry into the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, a local wildlife park home to an array of Aussie animals including Tasmanian Devils, wallabies and echidnas. With more than enough time to explore the park, you’ll then travel to your final destination; the summit of Mt. Wellington. Providing you with spectacular views of the greater Hobart region, this visit acts as the perfect ending to an incredibly scenic and enjoyable day within Mt. Field National Park.
This tour includes pickup and drop off from select Hotels and Hostels located in the central city area as well as covering all necessary entry fees for the National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary.
- National Park entrance fee
- Wildlife Park entrance fee
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Pickup and drop off available from select hotels and hostels located in the central city area
- Meals are not included (you may bring your lunch with you or this tour will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on the day).
- Mt. Field National Park (3.5 hrs)
- Russell Falls Walk
- Horseshoe Falls
- Tall Trees Walk
- Pandani Grove Alpine Walk
- Lake Dobson
- Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Mt. Wellington Summit (1271m)
- Tour departs Hobart Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday at 7.30am (7.00am to 7.30am depending on your location)
- Returning to your accommodation approximately 5.00pm
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words ‘hotel not known’ in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you do not require a hotel pick up
- If you do not require a hotel pick up and will be meeting the tour at the tour departure point, enter the words ‘not required’ in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your tour. Tour departure point is listed above and on your confirmation tour voucher
What To Bring
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm clothing
- Weatherproof jacket if possible
- Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Children under 8 years are not permitted on this tour
- Requires good mobility and adequate fitness
- Minimum number of 4 passengers to operate
- Tour vehicles range in size from a maximum seating capacity of 13 passengers or 20 passengers
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements