Cruise into the magical Cataract Gorge and through Launceston’s riverfront precinct. Head north past Tamar Island and experience the variety of life as you cruise past charming riverfront communities, vineyards and farms to the historic Rosevears and Windermere districts exploring the history of the St Mathias Church and Rosevears Tavern. The fascinating collection of history, fauna and people at work, rest and play makes an absorbing narrative which will touch, intrigue and inspire and offers one of the best vantage points to view the Tamar Valley.
The 2.5 hour cruise includes a fruit platter, tea and coffee for afternoon tea as well as local beer and wine tasting. Cruises depart on a daily basis between October and April at 1pm Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays and 3pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- 2.5 hour cruise
- Afternoon tea
- Tea and Coffee
- Fruit platter
- Local beer and wine tasting
- Expert commentary
- Magical Cataract Gorge
- Launceston’s riverfront precinct
- Tamar Island
- Charming riverfront communities
- Vineyards and farms
- Historical Rosevears and Windermere districts
- St Mathias Church
- Rosevears Tavern
- Best vantage point to view the Tamar Valley
- Cruises depart daily from the 1st October to 30th April at 1.30pm Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday and at 3.00pm Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Cruises depart from Home Point Cruise Terminal, 5 minutes by taxi or a 15 minute walk from the City Centre.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Vessel subject to change without notice