Unearth the stories and artefacts that mark the early days of European settlement and view a collection of shipwrecked artefacts at the Flagstaff Hill Museum and Village at Warrnambool. Experience the atmosphere of a recreated 19th Century Australian coastal port as you stroll through the cobblestoned streets and heritage buildings with volunteers dressed in period clothing. See an old school, fire station and a blacksmith’s forge with volunteers happy to share their knowledge with you and answer any questions you may have. Visitors can even climb the spiral staircase to the top of the lighthouse and inspect the 80 pound cannon overlooking the coast of Warrnambool.
Tickets include entry to the maritime museum and complimentary guide historical tours at 11.30am led by knowledgable guides dressed in period costume. At the museum, see recovered treasures and underwater footage of vessels that remain on the ocean floor. The museum has one of the biggest collections of shipwreck artefacts collected from 200 shipwrecks along the aptly named ‘Shipwreck Coast’. See artefacts that range from everyday items to a multi-million dollar Loch Ard Peacock statue.
A visit to Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum and Village is a fun day out for the whole family. Purchase your entry tickets online here.
- Ticket includes admission to the Maritime Museum and Village for two consecutive days
- Feel the history and experience the atmosphere of a 19th century Australian coastal port
- Stroll the cobblestoned streets and explore more than 40 buildings including a school, a fire station and even a blacksmith’s forge while meeting and chatting with our in-character volunteers
- Scale the spiral staircase of the lighthouse, inspect the 80-pound cannon and marvel at some of the best coastal views in Warrnambool
- Roam through 10 hectares of spectacular open air environment and climb the hill that gives this site its name
- See the Middle Island Maremma Ambassador Dogs and a variety of other animals
- Explore the heritage listed Lady Bay Lighthouse complex
- Daily guided Heritage Tour at 11.30am
- Children’s activities and scavengers hunts on offer
- Hotel transfers
- Opening hours are daily from 9am to 5pm with last admission at 4pm
- Complimentary daily guided Heritage Tour starts at 11.30am
- Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum and Village is located at 89 Merri Street, Warrnambool, VIC
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of purchase
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher