Your tour starts flying out from Moorabbin Airport over Royal Melbourne Golf Course then turning northwards towards the City, flying just offshore over Sandringham Marina where you’ll see the wreck of the J7 Submarine that was scuttled in 1930.Further on you’ll fly past the famous east coast beaches and marinas of Melbourne, the colourful bathing boxes at Brighton Beach, the St. Kilda Sea Baths and Luna Park until you see Albert Park Lake, home of the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix.
The flight continues around the outskirts of the great City of Melbourne. You’ll see the War Memorial, Government House, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and the AAMI Park precinct.
From there you’ll fly near the Melbourne Exhibition Buildings, Melbourne Museum, Victoria Market, Marvel Stadium and the Melbourne Docklands before turning south and flying back down the east coast of Port Phillip Bay to Half Moon Bay prior to turning inland and returning to Moorabbin Airport.
This is truly a perspective of Melbourne and Port Phillip Bay which is rarely seen but an absolute must do.
- Pre-flight Safety Briefing
- Informative commentary provided by your pilot throughout your scenic flight, including tips on the best angle for those postcard photos!
- Have your photo taken in front of the helicopter prior to departure
- 20 minutes (approximate) flight time – flight times vary due to air traffic control and weather
- Hotel transfers, you will need to make your own way to Moorabbin Airport, approximately 40 minutes from the Melbourne CBD
- Fly up to St Kilda’s pier, along the coastline and back to Moorabbin
- Experience beautiful scenery for the duration of your trip
- Close to Albert Park Lake you will have unrestricted views of the CBD, the western suburbs and the Docklands
- 9.15am, 10:30am, 2.15pm, 4.15pm (time might be varied due to operational reason)
What To Bring
- Comfortable clothing suitable for the weather on the day – the temperature difference when on the ground to when in the helicopter is minimal
- Camera or mobile phone to take photos of your experience
- Enclosed flat shoes
- Children between 3 & 13 years must be accompanied by an adult
- No particular level of fitness is required but people with epilepsy cannot fly
- No heavy drinking the night before and a decent breakfast on the morning of the flight is recommended
- Maximum weight is 120kg (heavier passengers can be accepted on a per request basis)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of flight
- Mobile voucher is accepted!
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher