Watch Little Penguins dash across the sand at sunset with a visit to the Penguin Parade. The explore the boardwalks after dark to see, smell and hear Little Penguins in the colony returning home to their burrows, greeting neighbours and their chicks. While you’re here, make sure you keep an eye out for other local residents including Swamp Wallabies, Eastern Barred Bandicoots, Cape Barren Geese and Short-tailed Shearwaters.
Every visit to the Penguin Parade protects nature for wildlife. It means the Nature Parks rangers can revegetate and maintain Little Penguin habitat for penguins and visitors to enjoy.
You can choose from two viewing options at the Penguin Parade. Penguins Plus provides a more intimate experience with a smaller capacity and located right beside our main penguin highway from the ocean. General Viewing has excellent views of the Little Penguins waddling up the beach and into the colony.
- Phillip Island Penguin Parade general viewing, Penguins Plus or Underground Viewing
- Transfer from Melbourne
- Penguin Plus – VIP penguin viewing platform (Subject to availability)
- Watch the penguins emerge from the waves then waddle across the sand to the safety of their burrows.
- Support conservation, education, and research projects on Phillip Island with every visit.
- Penguins arrive at sunset every night of the year. Click here for the penguin arrival time calendar to help plan your visit. We suggest you arrive one hour before penguin arrival time
- The Visitor Centre will open at 5pm
- Children under 4 years old can travel free of charge but do need a ticket to manage Penguin Parade capacity
- Ultimate Tour only: Reasonable fitness required, including the ability to walk on soft sand, descend and ascend 20 stairs, and walk up to 1.5 km in each direction on uneven surfaces
- Please allow extra travel time if visiting from mid-December to late January, during Long Weekends, School Holidays or other peak periods as traffic can get very busy. In an unlikely scenario of unusually lower penguin numbers or higher than predicted tides the Ultimate Adventure Tour will be replaced with a Guided Ranger Tour.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher