Depart Melbourne & travel eastwards to the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges where you’ll step back in time with a memorable journey on the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train. Maintained in mint condition by dedicated volunteers, the century-old steam train still runs on its own mountain track between Belgrave and Gembrook, through the heart of the delightful Sherbrooke Forest.
Alighting from the train, we’ll travel onwards to the multi-award winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Here, we enjoy a guided wildlife walk where we have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus & wallabies, as well as some of our lesser known favourites including quolls, owls, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils.
Arriving on Phillip Island, we’ll visit Point Grant from where you can take in spectacular panoramic views of The Nobbies & Seal Rocks while strolling the coastal boardwalks.
And then it’s onwards to the main event, where just after dark every night the world’s smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes. Your guide will ensure you are able to get the very best vantage point to enjoy the Penguin Parade.
- Friendly & informative driver-guide
- One-way journey between Belgrave & Menzies Creek on the historic Puffing Billy steam train
- Guided tour of the wildlife exhibits at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Explore Phillip Island’s scenic coastline at The Nobbies Boardwalk
- Standard entry to the famous Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Return transfers in air-conditioned comfort
- Complimentary onboard wifi throughout your journey
- Meals other than as stated
- Upgrade to Penguins Plus viewing platform
- Tours depart from 9.00am – 10.00am (April to October) and 10.00am – 11.00am (November to March)
- Tours return between 9.00pm – midnight depending on the season
- Pickups available from selected inner-city hotels
- You must arrive at your pick up location at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
- Go West Tours requires a minimum number of guests booked on tours in order to be able to operate. If tours do not meet minimum numbers, the operator reserves the right to cancel that tour departure. The operator will inform affected customers for alternative arrangements may be made as much advance notice as possible.
- Passenger cancellation/date change of any tour, in less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours prior to a departure time will result in a 50% refund of money paid. Cancellation within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a booked tour will result in a 100% forfeiture of the tour fare
- Please note also that a "cancellation" includes a change to the date of a tour booking that requires the original booking to be cancelled
- Hotel pick up information is required to confirm the booking
- Itineraries may be subject to change due to weather and road conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please keep the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher