This is the ultimate V8 motor racing package for motor enthusiasts at Melbourne’s Sandown Raceway. Experience an unbelievable adrenaline rush racing during 6 laps in a V8 race car with a professional in-car coach plus 2 more laps as a passenger with a professional driver.
From start to finish, you’ll be treated like a race car driver gearing up in full race attire and taking part in a pre-drive brief. Next, it’s your time to shine and race against the clock on the track with your own CAMS experienced in-car coach to help you navigate the heart racing corners and straights with the horsepower behind you. Two hot laps with a professional driver are also included in the value for money combo to really get the heart racing.
- Pre-drive briefing
- Race suit and open face helmet
- 6 driving laps with an in-car CAMS experienced personal coach
- 2 hot laps in the front seat with a professional racing driver
- Test your driving skills on the exhilarating 3.1km circuit
- Experience the full power of a V8 engine on the circuit’s 2 drag strips
- Feel the excitement of flying through 13 hair raising corners at top speeds
- Be strapped in for 2 adrenalin pumping hot laps on the championship circuit
- Challenge yourself as you tackle the track for 6 fast paced laps in the drivers seat
- Drive along the same track as some of the biggest names including Mark Skaife, Peter Brock & Jack Brabham
- Sessions are subject to availability
- May 29th, 30th
- August 14th, 15th
- October 23rd, 24th
- December 18th, 19th
- Experiences commence at 8:30am, 11:00am and 2:00pm
- Participants must check in at least 15 minutes prior to their experience start time
- Please allow approximately 3 hours for this experience
- Sandown International Motor Raceway
What are the height and weight restrictions?
- Participants must be a minimum height of 135cm and must not exceed a height of 194cm
- A maximum weight restriction of 130kg is applicable to all participants
Is there an age limit?
- Yes, participants must be 18 years or over
What are the licence requirements?
- Participants must hold a current provisional or full licence
- International drivers licences are accepted provided they are within their validity period
- Participants can drive on a suspended licence as the track is not a public road. Suspended licences must not be expired
- 1 automatic vehicle is available for guests who are do not carry a licence to drive a manual vehicle. Please advise at the time of booking if you require an automatic vehicle
Are there any health risks involved?
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs when participating
- Experiences involve some muscle jarring and high G-forces, the operator recommends seeking medical advice prior to participation if you have any health concerns
What race suit sizes are available?
- Race suits are available in sizing from small to 4XL
What clothing is required?
- Participants must wear enclosed shoes such as runners or sneakers
- Open-toed shoes, heels and thongs are not permitted
- It is best to wear weather appropriate and comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement
Can I purchase the In-Car Recording or a framed photo?
- Yes, an In-Car Recording and framed photo will be available for purchase on the event day
- The In-Car Recording must be purchased before your experience commences
- The framed photo can be purchased before or after your experience
Is the coach in the car throughout the full experience?
- Yes, a professional licensed CAMS coach will be in the car for the full duration of the experience for safety purposes
Can I bring any spectators?
- Friends and family are welcome to come along as spectators at no additional fee. There is plenty of good viewing and photo opportunities at the venue
- Vouchers are strictly NON-REFUNDABLE
- A minimum of 14 days notice is required for date changes. Any date changes within 14 days will incur additional charges
- If the experience does not go ahead due to weather conditions the operator will offer to rebook your experience to an alternate date
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements