A guided exploration of our 75-acre estate in Red Hill will show you the best of the season here at Montalto. We combine a working vineyard and olive grove, kitchen gardens, fruit orchard and berry plantation with a commitment to the arts and an extensive sculpture collection, home to the famous Montalto Sculpture Prize, among the most valuable private sculpture prizes in Australia.
Experience Montalto’s ‘Estate to Plate’ philosophy with a guided walk with our chef through our estate kitchen gardens. After the Kitchen Garden walk is a guided, seated tasting, with panoramic views overlooking our Red Hill vineyards, featuring Single Vineyard and Estate wines that truly reflect the cool climate location of the vines and of such quality that we are recognised as a “Red Five Star” Halliday rated winery.
Finally, a stunning celebratory multi-course tasting experience with award-winning wines overlooking the breathtaking views – either in the stylish, covered courtyard or amongst the lush kitchen gardens. After lunch, you are welcome to continue your exploration of the property, with a self-guided tour of the estate’s natural wetlands and extensive permanent sculpture exhibition.
• Snacks – pickled estate carrot, Heritage Farm duck egg yolk / Pacific oyster, thyme, lemon myrtle / duck terrine, umeshu pickled apricot, daintree chocolate
• Bread – sourdough, grain muffin / whipped brown butter, estate olive oil
• Kingfish – lemon, cucumber, finger lime
• Vintage Beef Co. ‘Galiciana’ – rhubarb, burnt onion
• Sides – pork belly, onion, tarragon / potatoes cooked in smoked butter,
chive / salad lyonnaise
• Main Ridge Goats Milk – orchard apples, lemon thyme