Enjoy an interactive wildlife experience from Sorrento with this epic sightseeing cruise and dolphin and seal swim. Departing Sorrento Pier at 9am between October and April, you’ll climb aboard the vessel en route to Port Phillip Bay. Before reaching the bay guests will be treated to a light breakfast while cruising around the region taking in the beautiful coastal sights.
Upon the arrival at Chinaman’s Hat, you’ll wade into the water to play with the friendly Australian fur seals that inhabit the area. Chinaman’s Hat is a man made floating structure designed for the seals, it floats in the shallows reaching depths of only 4 metres. The second interaction for the day is with the local and playful dolphins. In groups of ten, you’ll be ushered into the water calmly while the guides try to bring the dolphins closer. As you’re floating by the dolphins will be swimming underneath, circling and showing off some of their best tricks. This is an incredible experience that you don’t want to miss, and if your group is unfortunate in not seeing any dolphins, guests are invited to come back for free.
The day isn’t complete until you’ve donned a snorkel and mask and jumped in to swim with Sea Dragons. Unique to the Sorrento region, the sea dragons are the marine emblem for Victoria and add an exciting and exclusive element to your adventure.
This three hour cruise is the perfect way to explore the waters off the Victorian coast and come in to contact with some of the local marine life. A memorable experience for all involved! Book your morning or afternoon dolphin, seal and sea dragon swim and sightseeing cruise from Sorrento online today!
- 3 hour cruise
- Morning or afternoon tea
- All snorkelling equipment including wetsuits
- On board cafe
- Qualified guides
- On board hot showers, toilets and change facilities
- Guided in-water activities by qualified naturalists
- Hotel transfers
- An exciting 3 hour adventure swimming with wild seals and dolphins
- Snorkel alongside friendly Fur Seals and watch wild Dolphins swim freely all around you
- Enter the watery world of the Weedy Sea Dragoon, these prehistoric slow moving creatures are the famous and rare state emblem for Victoria
- Step aboard the ‘Moonraker’ to experience a magical adventure
- The ever curious Australian Fur Seals are waiting to share their underwater world with you
- Cruise over to Popes Eye, Marine Park for a look at the Australasian Gannets and snorkel with the vast array of colourful fish
- Cruise magnificent Port Phillip Bay in search of the inspiring Bottlenose Dolphins
- On the way back to Sorrento, you can enjoy morning or afternoon tea, take a hot shower or just sit back and enjoy the sunshine and crystal waters of our beautiful bay
- 16th October 2021 – 30th April 2022
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier at 9am and 1pm
- 3 hours
- All guests participating in swimming are required to have basic swimming ability as a minimum
- Capacity for 30 swimmers
- Capacity for 20 sightseers
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements