First Class – INCLUDING PREMIUM WINE MATCHING*
The most prestigious dining option on board The Q Train is the First Class Private Dining Cars. Originally first class sleeping cars from Queensland’s famous Sunlander train, you will dine in your own private compartment. On board Pelican or Swan, each intimate compartment, with seating for only two, creates a unique, romantic atmosphere; ideal for that romantic treat, anniversary, birthday or special occasion.
Our First Class guests experience our delicious degustation menu, along with our premium local matched wines*.
What’s included in your First Class journey:
- A panoramic window seat to enjoy the views of the Bellarine Peninsula during your journey along the Bellarine Railway
- Varying dining vistas along the way, including a dining stop right next to Swan Bay, which is spectacular at sunset
- Our award-winning degustation menu, including The Q Train Wine Matching*
- Superior and attentive service from your First Class Butler
- Complimentary tea, barista-made coffee
- The option to purchase additional beverages whilst on board (we accept cash, EFTPOS, and VISA/Mastercard)
*Wine matching is the process of pairing food dishes with wine to enhance the dining experience. In many cultures, wine has had a long history of being a staple at the dinner table and both the winemaking and culinary traditions of a region will have evolved together. The main concept behind pairings is that certain elements in both food and wine interact with each other, and thus finding the right combination of these elements will make the entire dining experience more enjoyable. Our premium wines used in the matching are sourced locally, and in line with our Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA) are served as per the Australian average, which is around half a standard drink with each course. With around 100-120 mls being a standard drink, this means an average match per course is about 50-70 mls. This equates to approx. 3 standard drinks per person over the course of the meal.