OPERATES – MON (Apr-Sep) / MON, FRI (Oct-Mar)
TOUR DURATION – 2 Days / 1 Night
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME – Immigration Museum – 400 Flinders St, corner of Market St Melbourne @ 7:35am.
- An overland journey from Melbourne to Adelaide
- Drive the famous National Heritage Listed Great Ocean Road
- Photo at Memorial Arch and Great Ocean Road sign
- Australian native wildlife, flora and fauna
- Enjoy a guided walk through the ancient Great Otway National Park
- See the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Razorback & Island Archway
- Overnight stay in the Grampians heart Halls Gap
- Explore the Grampians National Park via hiking and walking trails
- Relax at the base of the spectacular Mackenzie Falls
- Panoramic views from Reeds, Boroka and The Balconies lookouts
Experience stunning scenery on this two-day journey through a diverse range of natural wonders. From the wild shipwreck coastline of Loch Ard Gorge, to limestone cliffs at the Twelve Apostles. Or ancient mountain views in Grampians National Park, in search of wildlife, waterfalls and that Australian bush landscape rich in indigenous culture.
Day 1: Melbourne – Halls Gap
Enjoy stunning scenery of the Great Ocean Road and discover the remarkable rock formations of the iconic 12 Apostles. Learn about the tragic tale of the shipwreck coast, visit the hidden beach of Loch Ard Gorge and stop along the way to search for native Australian wildlife. You will discover some of the world’s tallest trees as you explore the ancient and beautiful rainforest of the Great Otway National Park. Meals: N/A. Accom: Gariwerd Motel or similar. Driving Distance: 520km.
Day 2: Halls Gap – Adelaide
On the second day wake up to amazing views and kangaroos of the Grampians National Park, an area rich in Aboriginal culture and set in a beautiful and rugged landscape. The Grampians bushland is surrounded by an abundance of Australian flora and fauna and the hiking trails and waterfalls will surely leave a lasting impression! After an incredible 2 days exploring the coastline and mountain ranges, we make our way through to Adelaide, arriving around 7:30pm. Meals: Breakfast. Accom: N/A. Driving Distance: 510km. Hike Distance: 2km.
- One-way Transfer from Melbourne to Adelaide
- 1 Nights’ private motel accommodation – with ensuite (Halls Gap)
- Includes 1 breakfast
- National Park entry fees
- Guided walks (~2km total)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned small group travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING
1 Litre Water Bottle, 15kg soft luggage or small overnight bag, Any medications you usually take, Please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions, Warm jacket, thermals (advisable for the colder months), Sturdy comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread, Hat, sunscreen & sunglasses, Swimmers, towel & toiletries, Camp torch/headlamp, Camera.
This fare type accepts children 6 to 17 years old and must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Accommodation upgrades are subject to availability and on request only.