Soar over Victoria’s verdant Yarra Valley wine region on this 1 hour hot air balloon flight that provides outstanding views of this famous part of Australia, capping off the experience with a delicious champagne breakfast! Departing early in the morning when the air is at its clearest, you’ll join your friendly ballooning guides at a serene launch point surrounded by rolling hills and the iconic vineyards of the Yarra Valley before the balloon inflates, you hop in the spacious basket, and begin to ascend up, up and away until you’re at a suitable height.
Hot air ballooning is an utterly tranquil and peaceful experience that is only further enhanced by the greenery of the Yarra Valley; see the likes of the Yarra River, hills and mountains from thousands of feet above as the sunrise slowly spreads its warm, glowing light over the panorama below. Be sure to bring your camera as you’ll come away with some unforgettable shots of the Yarra Valley that are seen by relatively few people – definitely something to show your friends and family once the flight is complete! Cap it all of with a delicious breakfast served at the popular Balgownie Estate – served in buffet style and including champagne – for an overall memorable experience. If you’re looking to go ballooning outside Melbourne, be sure to book yourself a Yarra Valley hot air ballooning adventure today and check another item off your bucket list!
- 1 Hour Balloon Flight
- Flight certificate, postcard and e-coupon booklet
- In-flight photography with the opportunity to purchase them after the flight
- Gourmet champagne breakfast at Balgownie Estate (if selected)
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees
- Interactive experience in the inflation and deflation processes
- Free parking
- Champagne breakfast (optional upgrade)
- Transfers from the Melbourne CBD are available. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details, you will need to contact the tour operator to arrange hotel transfers if required
- Hot Air Ballooning over the beautiful Yarra Valley
- Champagne breakfast at Balgownie Estate (optional upgrade)
- You’re in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business
- Tours depart from Balgownie Estate (1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775) 1.5hrs prior to sunrise
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your designated meeting and departure time
What To Bring
- Wear clothes as for hiking
- Sturdy shoes
- Warm socks
- Change of socks
- Don’t forget your camera
- Hot air ballooning is an audience participation activity and you will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon itself. It is an active morning in the outdoors, so do wear clothes that can get stained or dirty
- Please note – The balloon burners sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. Global Ballooning will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged as a result of our adventure activity
- Weather – If you do not fly due to inclement weather, please phone when you are ready to rebook, or if you would prefer a refund. (Please note, refunds do not apply to discounted bookings)
- City Hotel transfers available when selecting the breakfast option. If you require transfers please enter the address of your hotel accommodation and we will contact you to reconfirm a pickup time.
- We are the largest ballooning company in Victoria, running flights over Melbourne and Yarra Valley since 1992 with a fleet of 30 balloons and having safely flown over 130,000 passengers. Our pilots are the best in the industry, firmly passionate about ballooning and have a combined total of over 16,000 hours flying balloons
- We are the only company in Victoria to employ multiple staff members with Civil Aviation and Safety Authority Maintenance Authority working under a Certificate of Approval. This Certificate is the highest possible in Australia to allow Global Ballooning Australia to maintain its fleet to the highest possible manufacture and legislative standards
- We have an impeccable safety record which is due to our commitment to operate Australia’s best maintained fleet of balloons
- We are proud to be the first and only Victorian hot air ballooning operator to publicly commit to offsetting our greenhouse gas emissions by partnering with Greenfleet, Australia’s first biodiverse carbon offset provider. We are taking on a leadership role in an area where we can make a difference and set an example to our industry.
Terms And Conditions
- Your booking is valid for 12 months from your first cancelled flight date.
- If you cancel your flight more than 7 days before the flight, no cancellation fee will be charged and you are able to reschedule a new flight day
- If you cancel your flight within 7 days before the flight, a cancellation fee of $50 per person will be charged and you are able to reschedule a new flight day
- If you cancel your flight within 48 hours the flight, no refund will be offered and you will not be able to reschedule a new flight day
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of flight
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher