The Dampier Peninsula is a delight for travellers seeking a real Kimberley experience that is culturally rewarding in a spectacular environment. Journey north from Broome to learn about the fascinating history of this place while enjoying a morning tea in the Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community. Tour the Sacred Heart Church to see its glimmering pearl shell altar and the ‘Mother of Pearl’ church, inspired by German architecture.
Next, it’s time to travel to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, a working pearl farm open to the public. Enjoy an introduction to the history and cultivation of the world’s finest pearls on an in-depth tour of the farm plus a delightful lunch prepared by the chef at the Cygnet Bay restaurant overlooking King Sound. In the afternoon, take a dip at Jologo beach where you may even spot dolphins and visit the Ardyaloon Trochus Hatchery & Aquaculture Centre to witness the huge tidal flows of the Kimberley!
If you’re looking for a tour that encapsulates all the highlights of the Dampier Peninsula, then look no further. Book your tickets online here!
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions and related seasonal closures, some elements of this itinerary may not be available at time of travel. This may result in substitute activities and/or rerouting as required. The situation is evolving daily, but please be prepared for possible changes to your Kimberley adventure if necessary. Kooljaman at Cape Leveque will be closed for an indefinite period of time due to the requirements for major upgrades to continue to meet the compliance standards and guest expectations.
- Please provide all passenger names at the time of booking
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- Community Entry Fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Enjoy morning tea in the Beagle Bay Aboriginal Community
- Visit the Sacred Heart Church and its glimmering pearl shell alter
- Visit the Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm – the only working pearly farm open to the public
- Relax and enjoy a delightful lunch prepared by the chef at Cygnet Bay’s licensed restaurant, overlooking the turquoise waters of King Sound
- Enjoy a refreshing dip at Jologo Beach, spot dolphins and turtles from the Round Rock viewpoint and tour Ardyaloon Trochus Hatchery & Aquaculture Centre, perched right on the tip of One Arm Point overlooking the impressive Buccaneer Archipelago
- This experience departs daily (except Saturdays), from April to October.
- Throughout June, July & August, departures on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday are Guaranteed, while departures on a Monday, Wednesday & Friday require a minimum of 6 travellers to proceed
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words ‘hotel not known’ in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you do not require a hotel pick up
- If you do not require a hotel pick up and will be meeting the tour at the tour departure point, enter the words ‘not required’ in the ‘Add Booking Notes’ section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your tour. Tour departure point is listed above and on your confirmation tour voucher
What To Bring
- A broad-brimmed hat with sun visor
- swimming costume and towel
- Personal water bottle
- Tour may not be suitable for pregnant women or travellers with back problems
- Tour operation during wet season subject to weather and road conditions
- Itinerary is subject to change
- This tour itinerary does not visit the Kooljaman or Cape Leveque areas as they are closed for the foreseeable future
- Access to Aboriginal Communities can be interrupted due to COVID-19 government restrictions, which can sometimes affect our itineraries
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking, however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. Minimal group size of six is required