Discover one of only a few townships in the world with Benedictine monasteries then head to the famed Swan Valley region for wine and chocolate tasting.
- After your city accommodation pick-up we travel inland to one of the only fully operating Benedictine monasteries in the world – Hear stories of the town’s changing history – from times when a small group of Spanish Benedictine monks established a mission near the banks of the Moore River in 1847.
- View Baroque, Gothic revival, Byzantine, Italian, Renaissance and Latin architectural styles rising up between the eucalyptus trees and dusty scrub in the Australian outback.
- Visit the Abbey Church, which houses one of only two large Moser organs crafted in Germany and imported to Australia in the 1920’s and still in good working order.
- Visit the historic Old Flour Mill, dating back to 1879 and the castle-like St Ildephonsus’ and St Gertrude’s Colleges, striking structures from the outside but for many people, the highlight of the tour is discovering what awaits inside.
- After an exciting time inland we travel towards the Swan Valley to do wine-tasting at a local winery.
- Enjoy some chocolate-tasting at the Margaret River Chocolate Company (if time permits).
- Enjoy some short stops as you pass by wildflowers during season alongside the road when heading back to Perth to your accommodation.
Fresh light lunch is included.