Learn about the beautiful Rottnest Island and its settlement history with this guided Settlement Explorer Segway tour. On the back of a Segway, you’ll be taken on a 1-hour journey around the island to see it’s top historical sites such as the Thomson Bay Settlement, Lomas Cottage, Pilot Boathouse and Bathurst Lighthouse.
With an experienced guide leading you around, you’ll learn about the region and its rich history while also exploring it and admiring the breathtaking views. Be sure to bring your camera on this journey!
All riders of the group will receive training and a safety briefing prior to taking off to ensure everyone has a safe and comfortable journey on this 1-hour tour.
Tours depart from the Kingstown Barracks on Rottnest Island on a daily basis at 11 am and 2:30 am and are suitable for kids as young as 12 years.
- 60 minutes of Segway cruising
- Rider training and assessment
- Experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- Personal radio communication for listening to the guide
- All safety equipment
- Beautiful Thomsons Bay
- The Quod
- Heritage Common area
- Lomas Cottage
- Pilot boathouse
- North Thomson Settlement
- The Basin
- Bathurst Lighthouse
- Small groups with maximum 10 participants
- Daily at 11am and 2.30pm
- 60 minutes
- Kingstown Barracks, Kingstown Road, Corner of Hospital Lane, Rottnest Island WA 6161
What To Bring
- Enclosed shoes
- Comfortable attire is recommended
- A rain jacket if needed
- Participants must be minimum 12 years of age
- Weigh over 45kgs and under 118 kgs
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on the tour due to fall risk
- Not recommended for guests with some mobility or motor control issues
Can I fall while riding a Segway?
- Yes. While the Segway balances for you, it is still under your control and relies on you to control its direction and speed. It is essential to know the limitations of your riding ability and the Segway and practice your skills accordingly. As when driving a car or riding any moving device, care and observation of hazards is essential in order to avoid collisions with obstacles.
Your ability to safely control a Segway will be assessed during the training phase of your activity. If, after an appropriate amount of training and familiarisation time, our trainers assess that you are not safely able to control the Segway, for your own safety and that of others, you will not be able to take part in further activities.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction