Home to a wide variety of marine animals both native and exotic, The Aquarium of Western Australia is one of the top things to do in Perth.
Offering visitors of all ages with the chance to enjoy an Ocean Guide talk or tour, ride the conveyor belt through the underwater tunnel and even touch a starfish in the Discovery Pool, there is so much to see and do at the aquarium you won’t ever want to leave.
With general admission into the aquarium, you can take full advantage of the free wifi within the cafe, free storytime for the kids as well as a toddler playground, colouring areas and outdoor picnic facilities, and more!
The aquarium is broken up into five different exhibits; Great Southern, Shipwreck Coast, Perth Coast, Far North and DANGERzone, and is an easy attraction to navigate. you’ll have to chance to see and learn about various different animal species including Leafy Seadragons and Pineapple Fish in the Great Southern, Loggerhead Turtles and Coastal Sharks within Shipwreck Coast, Moon Jellyfish and Moray Eels at the Perth Coast, Giant Clams and Clown Anemonefish (AKA Nemo’s relatives) in the Far North, and finally, the dangerous Blue Ringed Octopus and Stonefish in the DANGERzone.
This must-do Perth attraction is open daily from 10 am to 5 pm (excluding Christmas Day) you can purchase your single admission tickets to The Aquarium of Western Australia online here.
- Single entry to AQWA (the Aquarium of Western Australia) – the largest single aquarium in Australia
- Complimentary Ocean Guide talks or tours available throughout the day
- Free WiFi in AQWA Cafe (AQWA’s free guided tour can be downloaded from the Everythere App)
- Free Storytime, toddler playground, colouring-ins and outdoor picnic facilities for kids
- The jellyfish displays
- Uncover the deadly potential of our marine life in the DANGERzone
- Ride the conveyor belt through the underwater tunnel while sharks and stingrays sweep overhead
- Touch a starfish and more in the Discovery Pool
- Meals and beverages – A great selection of alcoholic beverages available for purchase (AQWA is a fully licensed venue)
- Learn to dive or snorkel experiences – Available to book on the day at extra cost between October – April only (subject to availability)
- AQWA is open daily from 10am to 5pm including public holidays (closed Christmas Day)
- Daily talks and interactions schedule is subject to change. The link to view an up-to-date timetable will be printed on your voucher
- AQWA is located on 91 Southside Dr, Hillarys
- Schools and families generally visit in the morning, making the afternoon the best time to come for a quieter, more relaxed experience
- AQWA is busiest in summer and during school holiday periods – so if you are a local, consider visiting during May, June or September when there is a more relaxed vibe, but still a little bit of a crowd
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! – Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher