Enjoy a close encounter with dolphins, seals and birds during this 60 minute Penguin Island glass bottom boat tour in Perth. Passengers will spot a huge array of lively wildlife during the 60 minute Perth cruise. Expect to see Australian Fur Seals basking in the sun on the beach at Seal Island while local dolphins splash about in Shoalwater Bay Marine Park alongside the boat. You can even watch on as the rangers feed the penguins on Penguin Island at the conclusion of the cruise.
The 60 minute glass bottom boat tour offers a unique perspective for you to marvel at all the wildlife and marine life above and below the sea. At your feet, peek into the marine park to see limestone reefs, stingrays, octopus and crabs going about their day while up on the surface, you’ll be joined by pelicans, ospreys and turns. There is simply so much wildlife to meet in these turquoise waters that the 60 minute Penguin Island cruise will leave you wanting more.
To join this wildlife spotting cruise, passengers will need to take a 5 minute ferry transfer from Perth to Penguin Island to connect with the hourly glass bottom boat tour. Bookings are essential for this incredible wildlife encounter.
- 60 minute cruise around Shoalwater Islands Marine Park
- Return ferry transfers to and from Penguin Island
- Discovery Centre entry to view Rescue Penguins
- Penguin Feeding Show held by the rangers at 10.30am, 12.30pm and 2.30pm daily
- Complementary photos from your cruise uploaded to Flickr for you to share
- Transfers from Perth or Fremantle Hotels
- See rare Australian sea lions on the beach at Seal Island
- Glimpse wild dolphins at play in their natural behaviour
- Explore the rugged islands and viewing nesting pelicans, cormorants and spotting other sea birds that live in the park
- Drift over seagrass meadows and limestone reefs to spot fish and other marine life through the glass bottom
- View the fossilized remnants of ancient tuart forests
- Tour runs from 15 September 2021 to 6th June 2022 (except Christmas Day)
- Tours depart at 9.45am, 11.15am and 1.45pm from Penguin Island
- Please allow enough time for your 5 minute ferry transfer to Penguin Island (9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm or 1pm – must be pre-booked with operator) prior to cruise departure
- Ferries depart from Penguin Island at 10.10am, 11.10am, 12.10pm, 1.10pm, 2.10pm, 3.10pm or 4pm
- Ferries depart to Penguin Island from the corner of Arcadia Drive and Penguin Road, Shoalwater
- Transfers from Perth and Fremantle are not available for this tour, you will need to make your own transport arrangements to Shoalwater Bay (approximately 45 minute drive south of Perth)
What To Bring
- Dress warmly, the wind can be cold even in summer
- Wear a hat and sunscreen to protect you from the hot Aussie sun
- Comfortable shoes/thongs, bathers and towel are recommended for Penguin Island and you are welcome to bring your snorkelling equipment
- We recommend you bring extra drinks (especially in hot weather) and snacks if you wish
- There are no shops on Penguin Island so any extra food or drinks must be purchased before you go. Pengos Café is located on the mainland for breakfast or coffees etc. There a range of picnic style options to enjoy at Penguin Island, alternatively, your ticket allows you to use the ferry service all day so feel free to come back to the mainland for a dine in meal
- Please note children under the age of 3 are not permitted on this tour
- Please note that all tours are subject to weather conditions. If the experience needs to be cancelled due to weather, the provider will contact you directly to reschedule. The department of Biodiversity, Conservation & Attractions may close Penguin Island when the weather is over 35 degrees. The provider will contact you directly to reschedule.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Ferry transfer from Shoalwater to Penguin Island must be pre-booked. After you have made your booking, operator contact details will be listed on your voucher
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher