Want to learn more about Australia’s war history? Spend the day at Western Australia’s award winning National Anzac Centre and hear the stories as told by the ANZAC’s that served for Australia. This museum focuses on the human connection to war with interactive multimedia, technology and historical artefacts paying tribute to those that went to war. The museum is located in the Albert Port which was the departure point for thousands of men and women who farewelled Australia and headed off to war. The location overlooks the King George Sound and is also on the grounds of the Princess Royal Fortress. With entry to this museum, you are free to wander the grounds viewing all the exhibits and explore the barracks and gun defences of the Princess Royal Fortress.
The interactive museum is developed by the Western Australia Museum and the Australian War Memorial through interactive displays that share the personal stories of the ANZAC’s. The centre is open Tuesday-Sunday 9.00am-5.00pm (last entry 4.00pm – Closed Christmas Day). To purchase tickets to the National Anzac Centre, book your tickets online here!
- The National Anzac Centre is an award-winning attraction creating a strong personal connection to the Anzac’s, paying strong tribute to those who served
- The centre educates visitors on the history of the Anzac’s through multimedia and interactive exhibits and historical artefacts
- Breathtaking landscapes, peaceful blue waters and the Albany Port surround the area. A small piece of paradise in Western Australia where thousands of men and women as farewelled Australia and went on to form one of Australia’s most significant colonial foundations, the story of the ANZACs
- The National Anzac Centre allows entrance into the near by grounds of the heritage listed, Princess Royal Fortress
- Open Tuesday-Sunday 9.00am-5.00pm (last entry 4.00pm – Closed Christmas Day)
- Explore the Museum at your leisure between operational as there is no limited time with in the museum during opening hours
- 67 Forts Road, Albany, Western Australia
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher