The cool, maritime climate of the Mornington Peninsula creates the ideal growing environment for the early ripening varieties Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris. Our Discovery Tasting offers beginners and seasoned wine lovers alike a unique insight into the roles played by variety, site, and winemaking in producing these world-class cool-climate wines.
Set in our breathtaking Alto wine room or Piazza, with panoramic views overlooking our Red Hill vineyards, we will guide you through a seated educational and entertaining tasting of wine from our current releases and back vintages, as well as limited bottlings not available away from the estate. Following your tasting, take a seat in the beautiful Piazza, where the seasonal menu is drawn from our produce gardens. Enjoy a casual, shared lunch with a glass of Montalto wine. After lunch, take your time to explore the contemporary sculpture collection set amongst natural wetlands, the produce gardens and vineyards of the estate, home to the famous Montalto Sculpture Prize, among the most valuable private sculpture prizes in Australia.
Our Mornington Peninsula Discovery Tasting is the perfect gift experience for food & wine lovers.
• Ciabatta, olive oil
• Estate olives
• Chicken wings, chilli, black vinegar
• Burrata, cherry tomato, basil
• Beetroot, freekah, Main Ridge feta, pistachio
• Portobello mushroom, taleggio, rosemary, garlic pizza
• Braised lamb, shoulder, mint labneh , saltbush
• Garden greens, honey, mustard & poppyseed dressing
• Zucchini, pine nuts, currants, preserved lemon